Senior Business Development Representative, France
The most disruptive and dominant digital players - Amazon, Alibaba, AirBNB, Uber - have one thing in common: they are marketplaces. Whether you call it the Platform Revolution, the Ecosystem Model or Marketplace, the next generation of digital commerce is happening now and disrupting traditional models. Mirakl is leading this revolution.
Forrester Research have named us one of the “20 start-ups any retail ecommerce executive should know in 2016,” and Gartner has previously identified Mirakl as a “Cool Vendor,” and in 2017 added the Marketplace Operation Applications category as an "Innovation Trigger" to the Hype Cycle for Digital Commerce.” Wired also recognised us as one of Europe’s Hottest Start-ups, and to top it all off, you will be surrounded by experts in digital transformation, to craft innovative solutions by helping our customers power the next generation of Marketplaces.
We are a fast-growing, global, cloud technology company, and the leader in Marketplace Operations Applications. We enable the world’s leading B2C and B2B companies - Carrefour, Conrad, DelaMaison, El Corte Inglés, Darty, HP and 140 more - to Offer More, Learn More and Sell More. Mirakl helps retailers, distributors, manufacturers & brands to transform their digital commerce strategy to encompass the marketplace business model.
Are you interested in transforming traditional business models’ upside down? Are you looking for the challenge of building something new? Of transforming the way digital commerce happens? Of having the responsibility and authority to take action? Our core values include: Get Things Done, Satisfy & Empower Clients, Go Above & Beyond, Innovate & Inspire and Work Hard Together. With 140+ colleagues scattered across Paris, Munich, London and Boston, Mirakl has a start-up/international culture. We are backed by proven technology, prominent VC’s, and boast a global network and the resources (20-million-dollar Series B round of funding in 2015) to seize the market opportunity. Does Mirakl sound like a place where you can thrive?
We are looking for a high energy, creative, team oriented Business Developer to join our rapidly growing Sales team to extend our success. This Business Developer will be someone who has either a demonstrable experience generating and prospecting qualified leads for a software company, or is passionate about e-commerce and wants to participate in its ongoing revolution.
The role consists of establishing, cultivating and maintaining relationships with leadership level contacts within small and medium retail companies. Those relationships should uncover opportunities to deploy Mirakl’s marketplace platform and yield deeper, more strategic, market insight. The desired candidate understands how to assess a company’s needs and cater the outreach to each prospect individually. You will be in charge of your own territory to develop new markets, evangelize about the Marketplace and build relationships with C-level. Persistence and attention to detail are vital to succeed in this role as much as the ability to be pro-active and work with a lot of autonomy.
We need self-motivated, high energy, people who can think strategically, are comfortable with conceptual selling, and can create momentum within large and complex organizations. We want candidates that can do those things with passion.
The ideal candidate speaks perfectly French and is fluent in English.
The person will be able to articulate their ability to:
- Properly research and catalog contact, account and opportunity information, build and execute upon a realistic prospecting plan, manage time and territory to maximize velocity and penetration, establish solid relationships with key executives at the highest levels of an organization (particularly at the VP, EVP, and C-level), and effectively manage expectations.
- Can effectively manage their bandwidth in the context of managing a portfolio of target accounts
- Can work as part of a sales team, with a focus on managing relationships
- Can adequately set expectations and deliver on those promises
- Uses effective sales techniques to uncover customer needs that can be addressed through Mirakl’s solutions
- Can articulate the benefits of using our solutions to prospective customers across a broad array of industries
- Prior sales experience, exposure to Solution Selling, or SPIN preferred
- Basic understanding of online Marketplaces
- Demonstrated work ethic and consistent over achievement
- Experience with selling ecommerce-focused solutions preferred
- Ability to work effectively with little supervision
- The ability to learn quickly and be a self-starter are vital to this role
- Master’s degree preferred in Business, Marketing, MIS
You will be positioning Mirakl to new customers and working closely with the rest of the sales team to bring them on board.
Note the position will be based in our Paris Headquarters.