Sales Development Representative, UK
In a fast-paced and competitive landscape, companies worldwide now need to re-invent themselves. (this is where we come in!)
Mirakl is an international technology company, which provides a software solution for our customers to launch their own Marketplace and to drive an impactful digital transformation.
After a 20-million-dollar Series B round of funding in 2015, we now have a global presence with offices in Paris, London, Munich and Boston. We have grown tremendously, from 40 people one year ago to now over 100, but we still need YOU to be a part of our expansion!
Our customers are the leading retailers around the globe, such as Darty, Halfords, Game, Galeries Lafayette etc. with some of the largest companies worldwide, such as Walmart Mexico, Harvey Nichols, HPE, etc. Created 5 years ago, Mirakl has all the advantages of a start-up: flexibility in your work, still new markets to penetrate, strategic discussions with big prospects, and challenging projects.
Mirakl is looking for a motivated Sales Development Representative– who has either prior experience in this type of role for a software company, or is passionate about e-commerce and wants to participate in its ongoing revolution.
We want someone who is just as passionate as we are. Someone who will relish working in a start-up environment (but with proven success and financial backing from well renowned VC’s) who enjoys a challenge and more importantly someone who wants to contribute to tomorrow’s innovation.
You will be facing off to senior C Level executives within large enterprise accounts and as the first point of contact, you will be educating them on the Marketplace, What is it? Why is this relevant to them? Why they need to overhaul their existing business model? How do you do this, you say? By demonstrating our value!
Your job will be to change their perception of the e-commerce industry, with high-level messaging around digital business transformation. As an expert in your niche, you will discuss key topics in the market, offer insight and understand their business needs in order to play an instrumental role in helping change the way retailers do business, so that they can compete in a dynamic market.
Those relationships that you will build should uncover opportunities to deploy Mirakl’s marketplace platform and yield deeper, more strategic, market insight. You will understand how to assess a company’s needs and cater the outreach to each prospect individually. If you already know how to do this, we’ll help you refine this, and if not, that’s where our first-class training programme, Mirakl Academy comes in!
You will be in charge of developing your own territory, working very closely with our seasoned sales executives, to ensure they maximize all opportunities to bring onboard new customers. This is also by no means just a desk role either… You will accompany your sales executives on first meetings too, and let’s not forget that your presence at industry wide events/trade-shows, attending webinars/conferences is critical too, to ensure that you are well versed on key topics in your field of expertise.
Leads won’t come to you, you will come to them, the question is how will you do it?
We want you to think outside the box when you are generating leads, there are no lists. No such thing as smile and dial either! (you’ll be pleased to know!) We want you, to come up with innovative ways to map out your market, and reach those all-important decision makers.
There’s no copying and pasting of templates, you will research what companies you want to contact and you will create the content that goes in it. Sending well thought out, tailored content is how you will meet and over exceed your targets and gain the trust of your prospects, (along with persistence and attention to detail too-) and let’s not forget someone who is proactive and someone who will thrive working in autonomous, but supportive environment.
We need you, self-motivated, high energy, people who can think strategically, are comfortable with conceptual selling, and can create momentum within large and complex organizations. If you’re partial to a game of foosball or table tennis, that’s a plus too!
Our ambition is to be the catalyst of a marketplace revolution, one that will transform the traditional e-commerce landscape, What’s yours?!
The ideal will be able to articulate their ability to:
- Properly research and catalog contact, account and opportunity information, build and execute upon a realistic prospecting plan, manage time and territory to maximize velocity and penetration, establish solid relationships with key executives at the highest levels of an organization (particularly at the VP, EVP, and C-level), and effectively manage expectations.
- Can effectively manage their bandwidth in the context of managing a portfolio of target accounts
- Can work as part of a sales team, with a focus on managing relationships
- Can adequately set expectations and deliver on those promises
- Uses effective sales techniques to uncover customer needs that can be addressed through Mirakl’s solutions
- Can articulate the benefits of using our solutions to prospective customers across a broad array of industries
- Prior sales experience, exposure to Solution Selling, or SPIN preferred
- Basic understanding of online Marketplaces
- Demonstrated work ethic and consistent over achievement
- Experience with selling ecommerce-focused solutions preferred
- Ability to work effectively with little supervision
- The ability to learn quickly and be a self-starter are vital to this role
- Master’s degree preferred in Business, Marketing, MIS
You will be positioning Mirakl to new customers and working closely with the rest of the sales team to bring them on board.
Note the position will be based in our London HQ, Camden
Competitive fixed salary and excellent commission structure
Trips to Paris HQ
Opportunity for internal international mobility
Clear line of career progression into a closing role