Business Development Representative, UK
In a fast-paced and competitive landscape, companies worldwide now need to re-invent themselves.
Mirakl is a fast-growing technology company, which provides a software solution for our customers to launch their own Marketplace and to drive an impactful digital transformation.
After a 20-million-dollar Series B round of funding in 2015, we now have a global presence with offices in Paris, London, Munich and Boston. We have grown tremedously, from 40 people one year ago to now over 100, but we still need YOU to be a part of our expansion!
Our customers are the leading retailers in France, such as Darty, Game, Go Sport, Galeries Lafayette, Conforama etc… with some of the largest companies worldwide, such as Walmart, Harvey Nichols, HP etc.
Created 5 years ago, Mirakl has all the advantages of a start-up: flexibility in your work, still new markets to penetrate, strategic discussions with big prospects, and challenging projects.
Mirakl is looking for a motivated Business Development Representative– who has either a demonstrable experience generating and prospecting qualified leads for a software company, or is passionate about e-commerce and wants to participate in its ongoing revolution.
The role consists of establishing, cultivating and maintaining relationships with leadership level contacts within small and medium retail companies. Those relationships should uncover opportunities to deploy Mirakl’s marketplace platform and yield deeper, more strategic, market insight. The desired candidate understands how to assess a company’s needs and cater the outreach to each prospect individually.
You will be in charge of your own territory to develop new markets, evangelize about the Marketplace and build relationships with C-level.
Persistence and attention to detail are vital to succeed in this role as much as the ability to be pro-active and work with a lot of autonomy.
We need self-motivated, high energy, people who can think strategically, are comfortable with conceptual selling, and can create momentum within large and complex organizations. We want candidates that can do those things with passion.
The ideal will be able to articulate their ability to:
- Properly research and catalog contact, account and opportunity information, build and execute upon a realistic prospecting plan, manage time and territory to maximize velocity and penetration, establish solid relationships with key executives at the highest levels of an organization (particularly at the VP, EVP, and C-level), and effectively manage expectations.
- Can effectively manage their bandwidth in the context of managing a portfolio of target accounts
- Can work as part of a sales team, with a focus on managing relationships
- Can adequately set expectations and deliver on those promises
- Uses effective sales techniques to uncover customer needs that can be addressed through Mirakl’s solutions
- Can articulate the benefits of using our solutions to prospective customers across a broad array of industries
- Prior sales experience, exposure to Solution Selling, or SPIN preferred
- Basic understanding of online Marketplaces
- Demonstrated work ethic and consistent over achievement
- Experience with selling ecommerce-focused solutions preferred
- Ability to work effectively with little supervision
- The ability to learn quickly and be a self-starter are vital to this role
- Master’s degree preferred in Business, Marketing, MIS
You will be positioning Mirakl to new customers and working closely with the rest of the sales team to bring them on board.
Note the position will be based in our London HQ, Camden
Competitive fixed salary and excellent commission structure
Trips to Paris HQ
Opportunity for internal international mobility