Junior Business Development Representative, France
Mirakl is powering the platform economy by providing the leading technology and partner ecosystem needed to launch an eCommerce marketplace. We are:
- The global leader in marketplace platform software, at the heart of digital transformation of the world's largest organizations
- A global company, headquartered in Paris, with 200+ employees and offices in Boston, London, Munich, Barcelona, Stockholm, and São Paulo
- A rapidly growing organization that just raised a $70M Series C round of funding from prestigious investors Bain Capital Ventures, Elaia, Felix Capital, and 83 North bringing our total investment to $100M
- Enabling over 200 of the world’s leading B2B and B2C companies including Walmart, Conrad, Urban Outfitters, Siemens, and HPE to offer more, learn more, and sell more
- True to our core values: Innovate & Inspire, Satisfy & Empower Clients, Get Things Done, Go Above & Beyond, and Work Hard Together
Mirakl has grown its headcount by 200% in the past two years and will continue to bring onboard the best and brightest in 2019 and beyond. By 2020, Gartner predicts that over 50% of all online sellers will adopt marketplaces or include third-party sales in their eCommerce ecosystems. To support this rapid adoption of the marketplace model and further accelerate our growth, Mirakl is looking for a Junior Business Development Representative.
We are looking for a high energy, creative, team oriented Business Developer to join our rapidly growing Sales team to extend our success. This Business Developer will be someone who has either a demonstrable experience generating and prospecting qualified leads for a software company, or is passionate about e-commerce and wants to participate in its ongoing revolution.
The role consists of establishing, cultivating and maintaining relationships with leadership level contacts within small and medium retail companies. Those relationships should uncover opportunities to deploy Mirakl’s marketplace platform and yield deeper, more strategic, market insight. The desired candidate understands how to assess a company’s needs and cater the outreach to each prospect individually. You will be in charge of your own territory to develop new markets, evangelize about the Marketplace and build relationships with C-level. Persistence and attention to detail are vital to succeed in this role as much as the ability to be pro-active and work with a lot of autonomy.
We need self-motivated, high energy, people who can think strategically, are comfortable with conceptual selling, and can create momentum within large and complex organizations. We want candidates that can do those things with passion.
The ideal candidate speaks perfectly French and is fluent in English.
The person will be able to articulate their ability to:
- Properly research and catalog contact, account and opportunity information, build and execute upon a realistic prospecting plan, manage time and territory to maximize velocity and penetration, establish solid relationships with key executives at the highest levels of an organization (particularly at the VP, EVP, and C-level), and effectively manage expectations.
- Can effectively manage their bandwidth in the context of managing a portfolio of target accounts
- Can work as part of a sales team, with a focus on managing relationships
- Can adequately set expectations and deliver on those promises
- Uses effective sales techniques to uncover customer needs that can be addressed through Mirakl’s solutions
- Can articulate the benefits of using our solutions to prospective customers across a broad array of industries
- Basic understanding of online Marketplaces
- Demonstrated work ethic and consistent over achievement
- Ability to work effectively with little supervision
- The ability to learn quickly and be a self-starter are vital to this role
- Master’s degree preferred in Business, Marketing, MIS
You will be positioning Mirakl to new customers and working closely with the rest of the sales team to bring them on board.
Note the position will be based in our Paris Headquarters.