Business Development Manager
Mirakl is a fast growing technology company offering online retailers, B2B distributors and media publishers a solution to drive more sales with more products at higher margins with no inventory investments: the Mirakl Marketplace Platform ©.
Mirakl works with many of the world’s leading retail organizations, including Best Buy Canada, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Urban Outfitters Group, Wal-Mart Mexico & Central America, Halfords, 1-800-Flowers, and Arrow Electronics.
Launched in 2012, Mirakl has uniquely created a new market fueling growth for over 90 companies in more than 15 countries. The Mirakl team is now comprised of more than 100 people spread across four offices in Paris, Boston, London and Munich. Mirakl people include some of the world’s most experienced marketplace experts.
Mirakl is a privately held venture-backed company that closed a 20-million-dollar Series B round of funding in July 2015. Mirakl investors include prominent very successful VCs and entrepreneurs such as Laurel Bowden (83 North), Frederic Court (Felix Capital), Carsten Thoma (Hybris), Dave Strohm (Greylock Partners), Xavier Niel (Iliad) and Laurent Dassault (Dassault Group).
Mirakl has been named by Forrester Research one of the “20 start-ups any retail ecommerce executive should know in 2016” as well a “2015 Cool Vendor” by Gartner Group. Mirakl has also won multiple awards including 2014 IBM Outstanding Smarter Commerce Solution and 2015 Retail System Awards.
Thanks to its great results and strong financial backing from international investment funds and successful entrepreneurs, Mirakl is geared towards success.
Join our growing Sales team!
We are looking for a Business Development Team Lead to support and foster the Paris-based BDR team’s growth. In this role, you will be responsible for training and developing new reps as well as developing and implementing best practices across the team with regards to objection handling and messaging.
This role will drive the team to achieve quarterly goals by developing targeted territory development plans. Success in the role requires a strong commitment to client success and to understanding how Mirakl impacts a business on a granular level. We are looking for creativity and original thinking to proactively identify new prospects and leave a lasting impression on our prospective and existing client base.
You will be performing an active role as both a manager of Business Development Representatives (BDR) and as a driver of the sales funnel. This will require you to analyze and identify best practices for the BDR team to follow and to play an active part in developing the talent of the team. The desired candidate understands how to:
- Assess a company’s needs
- Cater to each prospect specifically
- Teach and demonstrate persistence and attention to detail
- Lead by example
The ideal candidate will have :
- Recent successful experience and proven track record of developing a robust prospect pipeline through engaging senior executives within target companies
- Proven ability to recruit, train, coach, mentor and develop talented and successful teams
- Proactive, creative, entrepreneurial and results oriented mindset
- Experience working with Salesforce or other CRM tool
- Excellent account management skills including skills to analyze and qualify opportunities
- Ability to prioritize requests based on importance and timing for key decision making or events
- Team player experience working across functions to deliver customer/prospect/client facing proposals
- Exposure to Solution Selling, or SPIN preferred
- Interested in technology and eager to learn and promote our product
- Excellent communication and influencing skills both in French and English