Director of Global ISV
The most disruptive and dominant digital players - Amazon, Alibaba, Airbnb, Uber - have one thing in common; they are marketplaces. Whether you call it the Platform Revolution, the Ecosystem Model or Marketplace, the next generation of digital commerce is happening now and disrupting traditional models. Mirakl is leading the platform revolution.
Forrester Research has named us one of the “20 start-ups any retail eCommerce executive should know in 2016,” and Gartner has previously identified Mirakl as a “Cool Vendor,” and in 2017 added the Marketplace Operation Applications category as an "Innovation Trigger" to the Hype Cycle for Digital Commerce. We recently announced a $70M Series C round of funding with Bain Capital Ventures to power the platform economy and grow our impact level in the markets we serve.
We are a fast-growing, global, cloud technology company, and the leader in Marketplace Operations Applications. We enable the world’s leading B2C and B2B companies – Urban Outfitters, Wal-Mart Mexico & Central America, 1-800-Flowers, HP, Toyota and 140 more - to Offer More, Learn More and Sell More. Mirakl helps retailers, distributors, manufacturers & brands to transform their digital commerce strategy to encompass the marketplace business model.
Are you interested in transforming traditional business models upside down? Are you looking for the challenge of building something new? Of transforming the way digital commerce happens? Of having the responsibility and authority to take action? Our core values include: Get Things Done, Satisfy & Empower Clients, Go Above & Beyond, Innovate & Inspire and Work Hard Together. With 200+ colleagues scattered across Paris, Munich, London and Boston with this ambition to revolutionize the eCommerce arena and make marketplace THE standard.
Reporting to the VP of Global Alliances and Channel Sales, you will be responsible for creating and implementing the ecosystem plan to support Mirakl’s strategy. You will work cross functionally with the products team, customer success team, marketing team, and other members of the Global Alliances & Channel Sales organization. You will recruit, develop, and drive strategic relationships with key technology partners establishing deep technical integrations, setting clear expectations for business success. You will run them throughout the partner lifecycle; from business planning to integration to go-to-market. Your depth of experience in the cloud ecosystem gives you firsthand insights into the vendors and industry trends that will enable your success in driving associated partnerships.
Ideal candidates will have 7 to 10+ years experience, with at least 3 working with ISV's creating ecosystem strategy. Experience in digital commerce and/or marketplaces is highly desired. The applicant should have strong technical skills and experience in sales or marketing.
- You will be the global ecosystem lead for Mirakl, responsible for the design of ISV strategy.
- Act as interface for all things ISV Partner related (Strategy, Sales, Product Management and Marketing).
- Working with the product team, participate in strategy creation and be responsible for the ecosystem strategy; drive how partners fit in and help execute and accelerate market vision.
- Working with the product team’s “connector” group you will collaborate on prioritizing and executing on key integrations to 3rd party technologies.
- Vision: Identify (“Art of the possible”) how the spectrum of partners/partner activities can contribute to meeting Mirakl’s goals.
- Ecosystem: Translate the “vision” into what the Ecosystem needs to look like in order to execute on that vision; Drive clear prioritization of partners required for strategy execution.
- Success Criteria: Define what success look likes. Convert into tangible achievements and deliverables by quarter and year.
- Measure, Identify, and track against metrics.
- Lead the overall execution and relationship management for the prioritized partners including the initial scoping and business development (BD) work with select partners.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 7 to 10+ years experience, with at least 3 working with ISV's creating ecosystem strategy. Demonstrated success developing cloud ecosystem strategies and working with ISV's.
- Collaborative bridge builder with a proven ability to work cross-functionally and consistently keep colleagues, team members and other key players aligned.
- Excellent management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills......
- Deep understanding of digital commerce and/or the marketplace/ platform business model.
- Strong technical background, prior experience as a pre-sales engineer or technology consultant is preferred.
- Highly analytical, data driven strategic thinker but also a creative problem solver and innovator
- Ability to make thoughtful, actionable recommendations under minimal structure, and quickly build consensus with senior level internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to create and cultivate informal networks with key decision makers.
- Ability to regularly travel to Paris.
Mirakl gives retailers and brands a fast path to increase customer value by launching an online marketplace. Marketplaces exceed customer expectations by providing broader selection, at better prices, with superior service. The Mirakl Marketplace Platform is a turn-key SaaS solution that automates the hard things: Seller onboarding, product data management, service quality control, and order distribution; on an API-based solution that’s modular and easy to integrate into any e-commerce platform. Over 140 customers operating marketplaces in 40 countries trust Mirakl’s proven expertise and technology including Urban Outfitters, Galeries Lafayette, Game, Swarovski, Hewlett Packard Electronics, Best Buy Canada, Toyota and Walmart Mexico. For more information visit www.mirakl.com