Business Development Internship
The most disruptive and dominant digital players - Amazon, Alibaba, AirBNB, Uber - have one thing in common: they are marketplaces. Whether you call it the Platform Revolution, the Ecosystem Model or Marketplace, the next generation of digital commerce is happening now and disrupting traditional models. Mirakl is leading this revolution.
Forrester Research have named us one of the “20 start-ups any retail ecommerce executive should know in 2016,” and Gartner has previously identified Mirakl as a “Cool Vendor,” and in 2017 added the Marketplace Operation Applications category as an "Innovation Trigger" to the Hype Cycle for Digital Commerce.” Wired also recognised us as one of Europe’s Hottest Start-ups, and to top it all off, you will be surrounded by experts in digital transformation, to craft innovative solutions by helping our customers power the next generation of Marketplaces.
We are a fast-growing, global, cloud technology company, and the leader in Marketplace Operations Applications. We enable the world’s leading B2C and B2B companies - Carrefour, Conrad, DelaMaison, El Corte Inglés, Darty, HP and 140 more - to Offer More, Learn More and Sell More. Mirakl helps retailers, distributors, manufacturers & brands to transform their digital commerce strategy to encompass the marketplace business model.
Are you interested in transforming traditional business models’ upside down? Are you looking for the challenge of building something new? Of transforming the way digital commerce happens? Of having the responsibility and authority to take action? Our core values include: Get Things Done, Satisfy & Empower Clients, Go Above & Beyond, Innovate & Inspire and Work Hard Together. With 150+ colleagues scattered across Paris, Munich, London and Boston, Mirakl has a start-up/international culture. We are backed by proven technology, prominent VC’s, and boast a global network and the resources (20-million-dollar Series B round of funding in 2015) to seize the market opportunity. Does Mirakl sound like a place where you can thrive?
We are looking for a high energy, creative, team oriented Business Developer to join our rapidly growing Sales team to extend our success. This Business Developer intern will be someone who is interested in learning sales skills, is passionate about e-commerce, and wants to participate in its ongoing revolution.
The person will be able to articulate their ability to:
- Properly research and catalog contact, account and opportunity information, build and execute upon a realistic prospecting plan, manage time and territory to maximize velocity and penetration, establish solid relationships with key executives at the highest levels of an organization (particularly at the VP, EVP, and C-level), and effectively manage expectations.
- Conduct market research and analysis of industries: monitor the european market for e-commerce news, trends, and potential prospects
- Follow a portfolio of accounts and maintain the quality of database
- Use effective sales techniques to uncover customer needs that can be addressed through Mirakl’s solutions
- Articulate the benefits of using our solutions to prospective customers across a broad array of industries
- Have a basic understanding of online Marketplaces
- You are enrolled in a Business Master's Degree, preferably at the end of your studies
- You have native-level French level skills, are fluent in English and speak another european language (preferred Dutch, German, Italian, Spanish)
- You have internship/work experience
- You are a self-starter and can work independently
- You have strong analytical, organizational and planning skills
- You are business-oriented, and you pay attention to detail
- You have good communication and interpersonal skills
- You are comfortable with PowerPoint and Excel
- Salesforce knowledge is a plus
- The ability to learn quickly and be a self-starter are vital to this role.
This internship could become a permanent role in our company.
- 1200€-1400€ / month based on candidate's profile
- 50 % coverage of your transportation card
- Meal vouchers
Starting date : January 2020, for 6 months